Moonlit Consulting LLC is a small IT consultancy founded by Philip M. White, a software engineer in Cedar Rapids, in 2010 to provide part-time IT support to small-to-medium-size organizations, including educational institutions, in the Cedar Rapids / Iowa City Corridor.
From simple to complex IT needs, Moonlit Consulting can help you.
- Smart decisions and recommendations for the information systems in your organization.Our experience and passion combined with exhaustive research leads to decisions you can trust.
- Provisioning and maintenance of hardware and software.Asset and license tracking, software updates, group policy, desktop security, email and instant messaging, and more.
- A perfect balance of security and convenience.Both for networks and desktop PCs, we know how to keep the power-user happy while protecting the casual user.
- Disaster recovery to fit your organization, including risk analysis, system redundancy, and fanatical backups.So your business can withstand the worst.
Our strength is assuring high-availability, reliable, consistent, and productive computing experience for everyone in your organization.
You demand nothing less than 100% integrity from a company entrusted with your information systems. We vow to uphold your trust.
- Our advice and decisions are based exclusively on technical merit and fit in your organization, not kickbacks.
- Our software is genuine and malware-free. We use a trusted supply chain and maintain partnerships with software developers and distributors.
- We never cut corners when it comes to software licensing. Our software is always genuine, and we keep all the needed records to ensure that you breeze through all software audits.
- We minimize the risk and impact of software-based exploits by keeping desktop and server up-to-date.
- Our backups of your precious data are automated and encrypted.
We seek a long-term partnership with your organization. Place your IT needs in our able hands.
The company's name "Moonlit Consulting" originates from moonlighting, meaning to work a secondary job, usually in the evening or during the night. Our employees have full-time work in the IT/software industry, but would like to share their skills and experience with local businesses and individuals on a part-time, primarily non-urgent basis. We offer to completely take over the management and maintenance of your computing infrastructure—without putting a full-time IT staff on your payroll.
How can we offer to maintain your computing infrastructure just part-time? Because we're good at what we do. We know and take advantage of technologies that increase efficiency and reduce the need for active maintenance, such as the stability of Linux, the flexibility of Active Directory, the agility of remote management, and more.
We've taken the time to write up some of our solutions to business problems. We encourage you to read it to see if we're the right fit for your business.